Start Your New Career Today!Apply Now
The United States Postal Service has a history of dependability. Trusted for its reliable delivery times and careful handling practices, USPS was one of the first modern freight organizations. Each year, the institution handles millions of letters, parcels and other valuable cargo.
At Midwest Transport, Inc., we are proud to serve as a contractor for the United States Postal Service. With routes on both sides of the Mississippi, we have gradually established our position as one of the larger transportation companies working with USPS, and we add new mail routes every year thanks to our strong reputation for consistency. Recently, we received USPS’s Eagle Spirit award, the highest honor afforded to businesses in the mail transportation industry.
In order to meet the high standards of the postal service, we rely on the expertise of more than 650 dedicated individuals. Our truck drivers and dispatchers work together as a team, and we carefully select our employees to fulfill our obligations to USPS.
Midwest Transport, Inc. is always looking for highly qualified dependable truck drivers to add to our team. Get your career started today by filling out our Driver Online Application!
- Dedicated US Mail Regional and OTR routes
- Freight Routes
- Bi-weekly pay
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
To apply for postal trucking jobs with MTI, drivers must be at least 23 years of age and meet the following requirements:
- MINIMUM of 2 years of verifiable OTR semi-tractor trailer experience within the last 3 years
- MUST Possess a valid CDL Class A
- MVR Evaluation – Within the past 3 years:
- NO chargeable accidents
- NO preventable accidents involving fatality, bodily injury, or disabling damage to a motor vehicle within the past 3 years
- NO convictions of excessive speeding, reckless or careless driving, improper or erratic lane change, following too closely, hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, failure to report an accident, driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
- NO more than 2 moving violations in the previous 12 months
- NO more than 4 moving violations in the past 36 months
- NO failed or refused DOT drug or alcohol tests
- MUST be physically qualified and pass a DOT physical examination including a pre-employment drug screen
- MUST present yourself in a good public image in both attitude and appearance as you will represent the company
- MUST provide ALL employment history as required by DOT for the past 3 years and all CMV driving experience for 7 years prior to those three for a total of 10 years. Gaps in employment between employers MUST be thoroughly explained.
- MUST be able to speak and understand English
Postal division drivers usually return home daily, although layovers are necessary for some routes. Thanks to competitive benefits and a friendly work environment, we have a high driver retention rate. While most runs are solo, team runs are available at certain locations. Wages for postal trucking careers are paid bi-weekly with direct deposit, life insurance and 401(k) options.
To apply, please visit our Driver Online Application. You can also contact us directly at 618-544-3399 with any questions.